Friday, May 28, 2010

Update on the Toddler Room

They say "three times is the lucky charm" and I believe 'em--at least when it comes to finding awesome fabric to use in one's toddler's room. After hitting two stores with little to no success, I went to Quilters Market. And look what I found there:


Je les aime! The floral pattern will be the crib, er, the "big girl bed" sheet and the striped pattern will be the skirt. I think there is a bit more green than what I wanted, but I was drawn to the big purple flowers on it (just the tone of purple that I was looking for to match the rest of her room's decor), and when I got home I noticed that the yellow flowers and blue buds go great with the colors on the wall. It also helped that these two fabrics were right next to each other on the shelf--it felt as if they were saying to me "Hi. We coordinate perfectly. Pick us. You know you want to. C'mon..." So, I chose them.

Not sure when I'm going to start sewing though. It probably won't be until Tuesday or so when hubby goes back to work. While he's home, we're cleaning. By cleaning I mean chucking everything that was either once the landlord's (who never wanted it back) or is ours and want nothing to do with it. There's a lot of junk. We'll be busy this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment