Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Baby shower woes

I love celebrating the vocation of parenthood. I love anything to do with babies. I have for...as long as I can remember, for sure. In fact, when I had to fill out my home school community's yearbook in grade school and it asked me what my career goal was I put "Go to college then become a Mother" for 5 or so years in a row. Well, I almost got what I wanted in the order I preferred, just a little switching around. My point is, if the opportunity arises where I can celebrate moms, dads, and babies, I will. So it comes as no suprise that I offered to host a baby shower for one of my childhood friends and her hubby. Well, I do believe I have bitten off more than I can chew with this one. I mean, it's not my choices that have made this stressful (but I'm sure there will be times when this is true in the future, knowing me. Ha!), it's just that...I can't find a room to have this shower.

Believe me when I say I've looked. I mean, I've really looked. I have been calling people all over town (well mostly in the area that my friend and ALL her family and friends are) and I either get "We don't do that type of thing here" or no phone call back at all (word to the wise: if you're a professional buisness and when someone calls you inquiring about your services and/or facilities, call them back). I have been on the phone constantly for about a week and a half now with no luck. All during finals time, too. ::sigh::

To top it all off, my lovely mommy-to-be has been texting me every few days wondering how the invitations have been going. I keep reminding her that they won't be ready until I find a place to have the shower. Thankfully, I found the perfect invitation on ETSY (which is the best website for all things homemade) and all I have to do is pay $15 for her to personalize then I get to print that master copy as many times as I want from whatever printer I want. It's brilliant! It's just this darn searching for a venue!

I reminded her yet again a minute ago, so we'll see how this goes! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment