Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jealousy and Closure (literally!)

I do believe N hates it when I'm on the computer. I think she's jealous of the time I spend on it. That, or she wants the computer all to herself! I can't decide which. Maybe it's both?? See, I usually am on my laptop at the dining room table because my desk is always a chaotic paper landslide waiting to happen. I have a problem keeping that thing clean, plus I just don't like to work in the room it is in--N's nursery. I have found that I never get anything done in that room thanks to ...somebody... Yet, even at the dining room table it doesn't take N too long to realize what I'm doing and then it's total devastation at my legs with the "I'm going to diiiiiiiieeeeeeee if you don't pick me uuuuuuuupppppppppppppppp!" cry. So I pick her up and immediately she's pounding on my keyboard.

I also check on things on my bed where I usually keep N since she'd be crying that same ol' cry on the floor anyway. When she has full ability to get to my laptop she grabs it, then proceeds to open and close it, change settings on it (I'm serious, she just pounds on random keys and they turn out to be real keyboard shortcuts), and today she was sitting on it--purposely! Weird kid.

So, my MIL was thinking of getting her and my nephew both V-Tech kiddie computers (he has a laptop obsession too, I hear). Not quite sure this is necessary. I think N will still want mine. So, I guess the only thing to do here is get off this thing or wait till she's asleep.

I do realize that this is a random and, most likely, a useless post but it was on my mind today....

In other news, WE CLOSED ON THE CONDO TODAY! Finally.

1 comment:

  1. Grace has this problem too... and not just with the computer. My cell phone is like her dream come true. Thing is, she's got a little toy phone, but it doesn't do the trick: mine is the only phone that will do. Then, once she gets it (I give it to her on rare occasion), she chews on it, pushes buttons, and stares in amazement at the wonder before her.
    So if you're wondering what I'm trying to say - I agree with you, a V-tech laptop will not cure N's itch. Something about the real thing is way better than any toy..

    ReplyDelete