Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Mommy Stuff"

My first post on my new mommy blog.

I never thought I'd write that sentence.

Actually, this blog is not THAT new. I created it well over a week ago but have been too chicken to post anything. Why? Because I never thought I'd be one of those moms who blogs about everything in her life. I never thought I'd feel the need to let everyone know what was going in in my life. Truth be told, I occasionally think that blogging is the only way these moms communicate with people older than ten. You know, their outlet to other moms, or adults in general, because they either haven't the opportunity to meet and socialize with other moms, or they haven't the people to do just that with.

Oh, wait, that's me...

I believe I fall into that category quite well. You see, I really don't have that many mommy friends my age. Actually, I know a ton. Well, not a ton, but a hefty amount. Do I talk to them on a regular basis? No. I do, however, pretend I talk to them. Now, before you deem me a psychopath, let me explain that last sentence. I have daydreams and fantasies of meeting with a group of young moms and their kiddies on a regular basis over some sort of activity, having fun, telling our daily insane episodes of..."mommy stuff"...and the sort.

Heh.

I've tried to reach out to fellow young mommies I know of. Tried to make a connection. Tried to keep what little connection I made. Failed miserably in the process. Why? No clue. I have no idea whatsoever as to why I cannot keep these connections alive. Is it just that us moms are too busy to have friends? Well, that seems stupid. To me, friends keep a person going. Friendships help people to live, whether it be socializing with a person, connection to that person, loving that person, whatever. Friendship is a solid part of a human being's life. We were all made to be together. A human would die if s/he were alone. In fact, that has happened many times over in society. So...being busy is not the reason. I can make time. So, let's try this again.

Maybe I'm scared. Why the heck would I be scared of the one thing I feel I really need right now? That's contradictory and nonsense. Moving on.

I dunno. Honestly. Back to square one. Is it just me or is this beginning to scream pity party?

Whatever the case may be should not be the reason why this is not working for me. I would love to meet up with young moms on a regular basis. I truly believe I would benefit from it greatly since they would understand everything that happens to me being a mom, since, well, they're moms too. That just seems right.

So, again, I ask, what is preventing me from doing this?

Well, I think I'll put this conundrum on the back burner for now. Until I successfully act in the sharing of "mommy stuff" with lovely young moms around town, this blog will just have to do.

I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment