Sunday, May 23, 2010

Renovations!

So, my hubby and I are buying the condo we currently live in (our landlords have too much of a financial strain to keep this place) come Tuesday. It's been a four-month process. After attempting to buy it the "traditional" way with a conventional loan, no investor wanted to put the "whopping" $28,000 down for us to buy it. Thankfully, it's not us. Unthankfully (is that even a word?), it's the complex. It all boils down to the investors didn't like the high amount of delinquents living here and have condemned the HOA. After many, many weeks and mucho stress, we found out we could pay the seller upfront with a down payment through the title company we have our contract with, then simply pay a one lump payment each month for the title company to divide up to the respective personnels. YES!

You know what this means, boys and girls...it's renovation time!

I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself. Seriously! I've always loved decorating and have immense joy doing it, even though it's a pain (figuratively and literally). Nevertheless, it's always worth it in the end when done properly.

The condo right now is a messy, cluttered, non-directional place of a home that seriously needs some TLC. We attempted to make it personal when we moved in here in 2008, but that was then and this is, well, adulthood. Then, we liked eclectic, bold, whateverness to be in each room. Now (I really can only speak for myself when I say this), we like calm, natural, ordered havens for each room (I guess this is the mom part of me in search for some serenity in her abode). My hubby sure as heck doesn't care one bit for decorations, he just wants some function to everything (which I ain't turning down). I think when we put our thinking caps on, both ideas will happily join in design matrimony and live happily ever after, until we move to a bigger place (probably when baby #2 decides to make his/her presence known to us...hopefully when I come close to finishing/finish my undergrad).

I will keep you updated on this for sure.

In other news, I'm redecorating N's room. She has now graduated to being a big girl. There is no more crib, but instead a converted crib to toddler bed. So, instead of breaking down in tears because she's growing up too fast, I decided to look on the bright side: update her room to a big girl room and have fun redecorating. So, I am now embarking on sewing a new sheet and skirt (yes sewing; the stuff in stores at my budget is too cutesy. My kid will be fabulously chic at 14 months and I won't be overpaying for it, thankyouverymuch) plus maybe a changing table cover, since I never bought one and have been using a blanket (which is getting old). Pictures to follow.

Update: my mommy-to-be found a place for the shower and I reserved it. Hooray! Now we can get things rolling.

Oh my...I just realized how long my to-do list is. It's going to be a full summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment