Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The New Crib Linens

I've finally found a spot of time to type this up! Yay! I must be the worst blogger of all time with my inconsistent blogging. Hehe!

So, I found an online tutorial of how to make a crib sheet and was very excited to find out it is not very hard at all. So here's it in a nutshell...

Cutting out the corners. If you read the above tutorial, then you'd know how she fit it to size with the elastic. I went ahead and took her what-I-should-have-done advice and made a seam all the way around and then threading through elastic to make it clean underneath.

My little sewing space. This is why I delayed sewing these things for way too long--I have to set this all up and break it all down since it's smack dab in the middle of my living room. Our dream house will have a designated sewing space. :)

I now have two best friends coming out of this project: Heat 'n' Bond and Velcro. That sums up the skirt. I hemmed all the sides with Heat 'n' Bond and then Velcro'd it to the crib base. No, I am not this creative to come up with it. I used this YouTube tutorial from my new favorite home improvement blogging couple. The only sewing I had to do was sew a pleat in the front panel because I realized my stripes were the wrong way on the fabric so I had to put two pieces together to turn the stripes from horizontal to vertical (as well as make it long enough to cover the front).


Ta-da! The final project all put together!


I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Thanks to the internet, N now has a beautiful, one-of-kind sheet and skirt to call her own. It looks fabulous in the room and makes such a statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment