Sunday, June 6, 2010

Busy!

I do apologize for not posting anything on here...all week. I do have an excuse, though! N did not sleep well at all last week and I decided that my house was in dire need of cleaning (since I'm pretty sure it only got cleaned twice during the semester). As I'm sure many of you know, cleaning a house sleep deprived and with a toddler takes at least a week. Ha! So, now that my house is clean, and N slept well last night, I'm here.

The fabric for N's bed is cleaned, but still in a nice folded pile as just sheets of fabric on my shelf in my bedroom. That will definitely be my project this week. The balcony is fine for now--not completely finished but it'll do. Cleaning it out plus the old tool cabinet was a huge project we did in two days. All the stuff they left behind in that cabinet was nuts (like a bottle of acetone left outside for I'm sure too many Tucson summers). Our next project is to get rid of old paint that our landlords left. Apparently, you can't just toss paint cans with old paint still in liquid form since it could potentially leak out of the can and into the dumpster, and possibly out of the dumpster and onto the street. Then there's the hazard it causes at landfills...so, hubby and I need to get rid of it the better way. One is supposed to hardened the paint inside and then it can be tossed. Thankfully, our landlord also left us a small bag of concrete. Nice, huh? That shouldn't be too hard of a project.

In other news, this past week I found out about this great company called Melaleuca. It's an online store that carries only plant/fruit/vegetable-based products. They have cleaning supplies, skin and hair care, makeup, cereals, energy/weight-loss bars, vitamins galore, dental supplies, candles/air fresheners, and a couple other thing that I'm sure I'm forgetting. I really like the sound of the products, and one of my mommy friends swears by it all. You subscribe (like a Costco subscription) and then just "switch stores". Right now, until the 15th, you only have to pay $1 for subscription (instead of $29) and all of the product is at wholesale price. All you have to do to stay with Melaleuca is purchase a certain amount of product points (each product is worth an amount of points) each month. We'll be putting in our first order this week so I'll let you know what we think of the products!

Anyway, I've got to go--N is awake and hanging off of me while trying to get to my laptop...have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment